Paleo isn’t “low carb” its about “low garbage.” One of my all time favorite dishes before I committed to a healthy lifestyle was and still is nachos. Until recently, I wouldn’t touch them unless it was time for a cheat meal or a post competition celebration. This paleo nachos recipe modification is insanely satisfying, packed with flavor, texture, and quality ingredients. Enjoy crispy homemade sweet potato chips topped with lean ground beef, fresh jalepenos, squeeze of lime, tomatoes, and freshly ripened avocado.
- 4oz. 96% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Lime
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Medium Avocado
- 4oz. Sweet Potato (Sliced and Baked)
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 Fresh Jalepeno (optional)
- The Spice Hunter Seasoning (optional)
- Onions (optional)
- Pre-Heat oven to 400F.
- Slice 1 small sweet potato into <1/4″ thick slices.
- Lightly coat a non-stick baking sheet with olive oil spray or line with foil and spray. Place slices on sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- While sweet potato “chips” are baking, cook ground beef in a non-stick skillet. Season with the spice hunter seasoning of your choice. Drain liquid.
- Remove sweet potatoes from over, let cool for 5 minutes, then assemble sweet potato chips with ground beef, chopped cherry tomatoes, sliced fresh jalepeno, and 1/4 medium avocado slices. Squeeze lime over entire plate and add a dash of sea salt (optional).
- Makes 1 serving- yes all for YOU and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories (kCal): 310
- Fat: 11g
- Carbs: 27g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 25g
Christine Hronec is the Owner and food scientist of Gauge Girl Training LLC, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service; and also the owner of Gauge Life LLC, a dietary supplement based out of Philadelphia.