Crock Pot Jerked Chicken Recipe
If you are seeking variety in your meal plan but are short on time, try this crock pot jerked chicken recipe for the utmost in convenience and flavor. This recipe features drumsticks, however you can use a whole chicken, thighs, wings, or boneless skinless chicken breasts if you are on a low fat meal plan.
- 14 Drumsticks (or chicken part of your choice)
- 3-4 TBSP The Spice Hunter Salt Free Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBSP Paprika
- 1 TBSP Thyme
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 TBSP Trader Joes Organic Coconut Sugar
- Place all ingredients except the coconut sugar in a crock pot set to high. Slow cook for 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to “broil” and move the baking rack to the bottom increasing the distance between the rack and heating element.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil or coconut oil spray. Place slow cooked chicken on the tray, then lightly spray with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- Broil for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle ~1 tbsp of organic coconut sugar on top of chicken before broiling the last side to caramelize the top layer of the chicken.
- Makes 14 drumsticks.
- Serving Size: 1 drumstick
- Calories (kCal): 123
- Fat (g): 4
- Carbs (g): 3
- Protein (g): 19
Christine Hronec is the Owner and food scientist of Gauge Girl Training LLC, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service; and also the owner of Gauge Life LLC, a dietary supplement based out of Philadelphia.