Crock Pot Chicken Soup Recipe
If you are looking for variety in your meal plan, but don’t have the time or skill to prepare intricate meals try using a crock pot. As a busy professional, there are times when one just needs “easy.” This recipe features a healthy, low carb, chicken soup recipe that can easily to adapted to your favorite veggies and shared with the entire family!
- 1.00 lb(s), Chicken – Breast (fresh or frozen)
- 1.00 lb(s), Carrots – Baby, raw
- 0.50 cup(s), Parsley – Raw
- 2.00 cup(s), Brussels sprouts – Raw
- 1.00 tbsp(s), Ground Cumin
- 2.00 tbsp(s), Spices – Garlic powder
- 8.00 cup(s), Water
- 2.00 tbsp(s), Blackened Seasoning
- 4.00 tablespoon, Oil – Olive (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a clean crock pot.
- Set crock pot to low.
- Allow all ingredients to cook overnight for 6-8 hours (8 hours if starting with frozen chicken, 6 or less if starting with fresh chicken).
- Serve with additional fresh parsley. Can include additional veggies such as celery, onion, spinach, kale, etc. Also pairs well with added cubes of sweet potato or butternut squash. Enjoy and share!
- Makes 5 Servings
- Calories per Serving (kCal) = 310
- Fat (grams) = 15g
- Carbs (grams) = 14g
- Fiber (grams) = 6g
- Protein (grams) = 31g
Christine Hronec is the Owner and food scientist of Gauge Girl Training LLC, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service; and also the owner of Gauge Life LLC, a dietary supplement based out of Philadelphia.