We live in a generation where young women look up to females that are celebrated for sex tapes, plastic surgeries, who they date, and the number of likes on their most recent sexualized half naked instagram post in the name of “fitness”. Sometimes I feel that I am alone in seeing this as a major societal problem where females are lacking role models to show them that they are more than their most recent selfie.
During the fall of 2015 I had the vision to create a scholarship program to advance young women in the sciences and today I am finally making that dream a reality. I am not saying that women should not strive to be attractive, but what I am saying is that they need to know that they are so much more than that. You can have beauty and brains, and together as women we can create a platform for young women to believe in their full potential and not be limited, instead empowered to go the distance.
For this reason, I am calling each of you to give from the heart to the first official Gauge Girl Scholars program to advance young and under privileged women in the sciences. I want to see a new generation of young women who are respected for applying themselves and not just more internet “eye-candy.” I want to see young girls believe in themselves and aspire to do amazing things because we together as a group of females are empowering them and are their biggest cheerleaders. I want to see women lifting each other up in business instead of gossiping and ripping each other apart. I want to see females collaborating and growing because when one of us succeeds, we all succeed. Only by setting higher standards for the youth of today, can we truly impact cultural change where women are respected and given every opportunity to succeed.
I have been blessed with this burden to help even if it is just one young girl out there, and I am doing something about it today. I urge you all to take action with me and give what you can, because every last penny we can pool together as a group will have a life long impact on the young female recipients of the Gauge Girl Scholars fund. I ask you all to please share this with any young lady that needs financial aid to make her dreams a reality!
Dates to Remember:
- Applications due by 9/15/16
- Winners will be announced 9/30/16
- 2 x $500 scholarships for books
- 1 prize for the balance of the gofundme dollars raised
- Must be female
- Age 17-20
- Must be signed up to study a program in the sciences at an accredited university
- Must reside in the continental US
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 and either is enrolled full‐time in an US high‐school, has graduated from a US high school or has obtained their US GED at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record)
How to Apply:
- Must submit a Youtube video application answering these 3 questions:
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- Must fill out the application below:
This form does not exist