Whey Protein Berry Breakfast Bake
If you are looking for a convenient, make ahead breakfast option that is budget friendly and delicious, the look is over. This whey protein berry breakfast bake is a simple recipe that can easily be adapted to a variety of flavor profiles such as apple cinnamon, pumpkin spice, banana, raisin, chocolate, and many more. Try this simple recipe when you are are inclined to bake up some amazingness that your entire family will enjoy as well!
- 1 cup instant oats
- 2 scoops Muscle Gauge Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate (flavor of your choice)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup frozen berries (Trader Joe’s)- can substitute with 1 cup of the fruit of your choice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients except berries and shredded coconut in a medium mixing bowl.
- Lightly coat an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with coconut oil spray (or light baking oil based spray of your choice)
- Pour contents into baking pan, then place fruit throughout the batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Using a baking mit, remove tray from oven and gently sprinkle 2 tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut on the surface. Lightly spray with coconut oil spray and place back into the oven an set to broil for 1-2 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted (watch closely to prevent it from burning).
- Remove from over and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Makes 16 servings.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories (kCal): 90
Fat (g): 4
Carbs (g): 6
Protein (g): 7
Christine Hronec is the Owner and food scientist of Gauge Girl Training LLC, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service; and also the owner of Gauge Life LLC, a dietary supplement based out of Philadelphia.