Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Donuts
Fall is here and so are are the seasonal pumpkin recipes! Check out this simple, pumpkin chocolate chip protein donuts recipe for some much needed variety to your healthy meal plan with absolutely zero guilt!
- 1/2 cup Canned Trader Joes Organic Pumpkin (can substitute with any brand of canned pumpkin)
- 1.5 scoops Muscle Gauge Nutrition Pumpkin Spice Pure Whey Protein Isolate (can sub with a vanilla whey protein isolate , cinnamon, or unflavored)
- 1/2 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chip morsels
- 1 scoop Muscle Gauge Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate in Pumpkin Spice
- 1/4 cup Canned Trader Joes Organic Pumpkin
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. If using an unflavored whey protein isolate, it is recommended to add 5-7 packets of splenda or stevia to taste.
- Pour contents into a 6 donut non-stick baking pan. It is still recommended to lightly coat the pan with coconut oil or oil spray of your choice.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Using baking gloves or mits, grip the sides of the donut tray gently flip donut pan upside down to release donuts and allow them to cool for 10minutes.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, prepare topping by combining one scoop of whey protein with 1/4 cup of organic pumpkin. This will form a thick, paste like consistency. Allow mixture to cool in fridge for 3 minutes or freezer for 1 minute.
- Apply ~ 1 tbsp of this topping onto cooled donuts using a cake icing spatula.
- Sprinkle ~ 1/2 tsp mini chocolate chip morsels per donut.
- Serving Size- 1 donut
- Calories (kCal)- 130
- Calories from fat (kCal)- 36
- Fat (g)- 4
- Carbohydrates (g)- 10
- Fiber (g)- 2
- Protein (g)- 15
Christine Hronec is the Owner and food scientist of Gauge Girl Training LLC, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service; and also the owner of Gauge Life LLC, a dietary supplement based out of Philadelphia.