Watermelon, Jalapeño & Jicama Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
*vegan, gluten free, dairy free
If you’re looking for some summer side dish inspiration, look no further. This colorful watermelon and jicama salad offers a unique flavor combination and is oh-so refreshing on a hot summer day. We recommend pairing this salad with shrimp, scallops, white fish, or grilled chicken.
- 24 oz seedless watermelon, cut into 2 ½ x-½ inch sticks
- 16 oz jicama, peeled, cut into 21/2 x ½-inch sticks (Trader Joe’s sells these pre-sliced)
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 scallion (white and pale-green parts only), thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
1) Chop watermelon and jicama into sticks
2) Chop jalapeño and scallions and mix with watermelon and jicama.
3) Mix lime juice, cilantro, and sea salt in a small bowl, and then use to dress watermelon jicama mixture.
4) Pair with your favorite lean protein and enjoy!
Nutrition Info: (makes 4 servings)
- 86.3 Calories
- 20.1g Carbs
- 4.9g Fiber
- 0g Fat
- 1.8g Protein
Christine Hronec is the co-owner and food scientist of Muscle Gauge Nutrition, a dietary supplement manufacturing company based out of Philadelphia and the founder of Gaugegirl Training, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service.