Strawberry Shortcake Protein Loaf Recipe
Total Prep Time: 5-10min
Total Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Switch things up with this moist, fluffy strawberry protein loaf that has just the right amount of light sweetness and over 19 grams of protein per serving. This is an excellent on the go breakfast, snack, or post-workout alternative to shakes. Even your non-health enthusiast friends and family will enjoy this amazing recipe.
5 scoops Whey Protein Isolate (Muscle Gauge Nutrition Cake Batter)
9 TBSP Coconut Flour
2 Large eggs
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup liquid egg whites
10oz. unsweetened almond milk
200g strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except strawberries . Mix well with a hand/stand mixer or immersion blender.
- Lightly coat a non-stick bread pan with coconut oil spray.
- Pour contents into bread pan. Put half of the strawberries into the batter, and save the other half for the topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F. Allow cooling at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Microwave 100g of strawberries for 30-60 seconds and drizzle down the middle of the bread. Optional topping includes a light sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut. Makes 8 servings.
Meal Prep Tips:
- Great for meal planning breakfast in bulk. Keeps for 4 days, refrigerated.
- Excellent post-workout alternative to shakes.
- Easy alternative to “cooked” breakfasts when convenience is a priority.
Serving Size~ 1/8th of the bake
Calories (kCal) – 141
Total Fat- 3g
Saturated Fat- 2g
Trans Fat- 0g
Total Carbohydrate- 9g
Dietary Fiber- 3g
Christine Hronec is the co-owner and food scientist of Muscle Gauge Nutrition, a dietary supplement manufacturing company based out of Philadelphia and the founder of Gaugegirl Training, an online meal planning, training, and coaching service.